Each year, Carroll confers undergraduate scholarly writing awards that carry a monetary honorarium. The papers, in the following four categories, are judged anonymously. For submission, follow the guidelines listed below. Papers must have been submitted by students to Carroll University courses between January 2013 to the present. Submissions are limited to two papers (total) per student. Submission deadline is Friday, February 28, 2014.
-Writing Seminar Award: For the best paper written in English 170
-Writing Award the Sciences: For the best scholarly paper in the Sciences
-Writing Award in the Arts/Humanities: For the best scholarly paper in the Arts/Humanities
-Capstone Award: For the best capstone in any discipline (Capstone papers may only be submitted in this category; they may not be submitted in the Arts/Humanities or Science Award categories.)
1. Prepare two copies of your paper, with title, but without name or course identified.
2. Prepare an information sheet that includes your name, paper title, course, professor, and award category. Seal the information in a letter envelope.
3. Place two clean copies of the paper and sealed information sheet in a large manila envelope, marked Carroll University Writing Awards, and designate the category appropriate to your paper.
4. Send through campus mail, U.S. post, or deliver your submission to MacAllister 302 (Attn. Keenan).
5. You may revise your paper before submitting it.
6. Deadline for submission is Friday, February 28, 2014. Papers will not be returned.
7. Students are limited to two paper submissions (total).
If you have any questions, please direct them to Professor Keenan (email@example.com).